The OndaVia Raman Controller Automation (ORCA) system enables on-line, semi-continuous chemical analysis using OndaVia’s proprietary Raman-based methods. The ORCA-202 ammonia analysis fluidic control unit is an ammonia process analyzer that prepares samples for analysis in an ORCA-101 control unit.
The application of ammonia process analyzers based on Quantitative Raman Spectroscopy (QRS) provides significant value across various industries, with particular relevance in industrial waste water treatment. This innovative systems offer semi-continuous and accurate ammonia monitoring capabilities. QRS-based systems drive improved process control, environmental compliance, and operational efficiency.
Value and Key Applications:
- Real-time Monitoring: These analyzers offer continuous and real-time monitoring of ammonia concentrations in various process streams. This real-time feedback is invaluable in maintaining tight control over ammonia levels, ensuring product quality, and minimizing process variations.
- Quality Control in Steel Mills: In the steel industry, ammonia is frequently used for cooling, cleaning, and as a reducing agent. Accurate ammonia concentration measurement is crucial for optimizing cooling processes, preventing corrosion, and maintaining product quality. These analyzers help steel mills achieve consistent product quality while reducing ammonia consumption.
- Emissions Monitoring and Compliance: Ammonia may be present as a by-product of various processes. Accurate monitoring of ammonia emissions is essential for regulatory compliance and environmental responsibility. Raman-based analyzers enable refineries to detect and mitigate ammonia leaks promptly, reducing their environmental impact and avoiding costly fines.
- Optimizing Scrubber Operations: Ammonia scrubbers are used to remove ammonia from exhaust gases. QRS-based analyzers provide real-time data to optimize scrubber efficiency, ensuring that ammonia removal is both effective and cost-efficient.
- Reducing Operational Costs: The ability to monitor and control ammonia levels in real time allows for precise dosing of reagents, minimizing excess usage and reducing operational costs.
- Safety Enhancements: Maintaining the right ammonia levels is vital for ensuring a safe working environment, especially in oil refineries. QRS-based analyzers provide an early warning system for potential ammonia leaks, enhancing workplace safety.
- Predictive Maintenance: Continuous monitoring of ammonia concentrations can help predict the maintenance needs of equipment such as scrubbers, thereby minimizing unplanned downtime and maintenance costs.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: The data generated by these analyzers can be integrated into process control systems, enabling data-driven decision-making for process optimization and quality assurance.
In summary, an ammonia process analyzer based on Raman spectroscopy for quantitative ammonia analysis offers substantial value in waste water treatment. These systems empower companies to enhance product quality, ensure regulatory compliance, optimize operational efficiency, reduce environmental impact, and improve workplace safety. By providing real-time and highly accurate ammonia monitoring, they are indispensable tools for process control and optimization, making them an essential investment for industries where ammonia is a critical component or potential pollutant.
Reagent packs are designed for once per hour analysis for one week before replacement.