The OndaVia Raman Controller Automation (ORCA) system enables on-line, semi-continuous, automated phosphate analysis using OndaVia’s proprietary Quantitative Raman Spectroscopy-based methods. The ORCA-306 Phosphate Analysis Unit prepares and analyzes phosphate-containing mining samples for phosphate and sulfate content measurements. This system will handle high-concentration phosphate solutions, reducing time, effort, and human intervention to measure hazardous chemical streams. Here are some key uses for %-level phosphate measurements
1. Mining and Ore Processing:
- Ore Grade Assessment: In mining, accurate measurements of phosphate levels are essential to assess the ore grade. These measurements help mining determine the economic viability of a phosphate deposit and plan ore extraction and processing accordingly.
2. Phosphoric Acid Production:
- Quality Control: Phosphoric acid production requires high-purity phosphate feedstock. Accurate %-level phosphate measurements are critical in ensuring the quality and consistency of the phosphate source for phosphoric acid manufacturing. Any variations in phosphate levels can affect the quality of the final product.
3. Fertilizer Production:
- Formulation and Blending: Fertilizer manufacturers use phosphate-containing compounds as one of the primary nutrients in their products. Accurate %-level phosphate measurements are essential for formulating and blending fertilizers to meet specific nutrient content and agronomic requirements.
- Quality Assurance: Phosphate measurements play a pivotal role in quality assurance for fertilizers. Fertilizer manufacturers must ensure that their products have the specified nutrient content to meet the needs of different crops and soil conditions.
- Regulatory Compliance: Fertilizer products must adhere to regulatory guidelines regarding nutrient content. %-level phosphate measurements are used to demonstrate compliance with these regulations.
4. Environmental Monitoring:
- Tailings Management: In mining operations, managing tailings and waste materials is a significant environmental concern. Monitoring phosphate levels in tailings ponds or discharge water is crucial to ensure that phosphate concentrations do not exceed regulatory limits, potentially leading to water pollution.
System shown without optional display screen. Reagent is provided in a 4-L jug for high frequency automated phosphate analysis with minimal user intervention.